May is Mental Health Month!
Throughout May, NAMI Connecticut, our local Affiliates, Community Partners, and NAMI Members are raising awareness for the importance of mental health. Each year we fight stigma, provide support, educate the public and advocate for equal care. Each year, the movement grows stronger.
Help us spread the word, through the many awareness, support and advocacy activities below by showing you're #IntoMentalHealth.
- May, Southwest CT: Calendar of Mental Health Awareness Month Events in Southwestern Connecticut
- May 1 - 7: Maternal Mental Health Awareness Week
- Starting May 2, Falls Village: NAMI Basics Class
- May 2, Wolcott: "Chasing the Dragon" - Heroin and Opioid Awareness Discussion For Parents and Educators
- May 2, New Haven: "Healing Voices" Screening
- May 4, New Britain: Memorial Quilt Square Making Event
- May 4, New Haven: CMHC Family & Friends - Law enforcement and people with mental
illness – Progress and future directions
- May 4, Rocky Hill: Awareness Day LIVE
- May 4: National Children's Mental Health Awareness Day
- May 4, Bristol: Special Needs Planning Workshop
- Starting May 4, Hartford: Managing Your Child’s Mental Health
- May 5, New Haven: 13th Annual Yale NEA-BPD Conference: Prevention and Early Intervention for Borderline Personality Disorder
- Starting May 7: Statewide Online/Phone-in Peer Support Group
- May 8, New Britain: Rebound The Chris Herron Story
- May 8, Greenwich: "Borderline" - Film Screening
- May 8, Simsbury: Everything You Need to Know About Hoarding
- May 8, Middletown: Addiction and Congregation Assisted Programs
- May 9, Plainville: The Not-so Empty Nest, including Mental Health 101
- May 9, Enfield: Special Needs Planning Workshop
- May 10, Falls Village: Getting High Naturally-Matt Bellace
- May 11, WEBINAR: NAMI Ask the Doctor Webinar- Ketamine for Depression Progress and Pitfalls
- May 11, Greenwich: "Four Secrets in Plain Sight"
- May 11 & 12, Westport: Youth Mental Health First Aid
- May 12, Woodbridge: YOUTH Mental Health First Aid
- May 13, Manchester: NAMI Manchester Presents: "Pack Up Your Sorrows" - a Film Event
- May 13, Norwalk: Intro to Emotional CPR
- May 13, Bloomfield: 2nd Annual Youth Summit - "Building a Great Life"
- May 15, Greenwich: NAMI SouthWest Book Club - "Beautiful Boy: A Father's Journey Through His Son's Addiction"
- May 15, New Haven: Navigating the Search for Help Roles of Mental Health Professionals
- May 15, Cromwell: National Prevention Week - Connecticut Conference
- May 16, WEBINAR: Providing Safe and Effective Nutrition for People with Dementia
- May 16 - 17, New York City: Workplace Behavioral Health and Wellbeing Seminar
- May 18, Terryville: Parents & Teachers as Allies Presentation
- May 20, Meriden: Congregation Assistance and Community Awareness Conference
- May 24, Glastonbury: Understanding the Opioid Crisis and Strengthening Families
- May 31, Hartford: Mental Health & Addiction Open Mic Night