Greetings NAMI Connecticut Families, Friends, Supporters and Communities
TO JOIN the 2017 NAMI Connecticut Walk
Register your Team, Set a Goal, Recruit Walkers and Start Raising Critically Needed Funds...
Tell your friends, families, co-workers, neighbors and frequently visited businesses...
Our 2017 NAMI Connecticut Walk will take place on SATURDAY MAY 20th at Bushnell Park in Hartford
NOW is the time to gear up for 2017!!
2016 Education, Support & Advocacy Highlights (much more not listed!)
Through your fundraising efforts last year, we supported 9,000 individuals and families impacted by mental illness.
- 150 In Our Own Voice Presentations with approx. 3,750 attendees
- 17 Family to Family Classes with over 300 participants
- 5 Provider Ed Presentations for more than 75 provider professionals
- 40 support groups meeting, monthly, weekly & bi-weekly: Friends & Family, NAMI CAN, Connections, Veterans & Your Adults groups
- Compartiendo Esperanza Presentation for 24 people at YMCA of Greater Hartford and 8 people at the Multicultural Leadership Institute, Inc.
- 2 Ending the Silence presentations to 161 students
- Strengthened affiliate engagement in public policy activities, ten members from six different affiliates submitted powerful testimony before Legislature
- Continued to educate legislators, the public and the Executive branch of impacts of proposed cuts to mental health/substance abuse services and supports via numerous means: testimonies, lobby days and rallies, individual meetings with legislators, collaborations with other groups and call in campaigns
- Advocacy Action e-blasts - shared 450+ events, webinars, reports, surveys and research studies with NAMI Connecticut members, affiliates and partners
Our annual walk is key to our ability to offer our programs FREE of charge to participants, Let's Keep it Going!
Thank you for everything you do to support NAMI Connecticut
You make Hope possible!
Raise $100, Get an Event T-Shirt on Walk Day!
Proceeds from the Walk directly help NAMI Connecticut by:
Providing critically needed support to families and individuals impacted by serious mental illness and teaching advocacy skills to help families obtain quality treatment.
Providing educational programming for family members, individuals living with a mental illness and providers.
Expanding our existing programs and developing new ones to meet changing mental health needs of this dynamic and diverse state.
By participating in the Walk, you are helping us increase our reach into the community. With every person you approach, whether you ask them to join your Team or sponsor you, it begins a conversation that helps put an end to the stigma surrounding mental illness. Keep this fact in mind as you are working on meeting your Walk goals.
Join as Virtual Walker...
Not able to join at Bushnell Park on Walk Day? You can still join in the fun by being a Virtual Walker. You can still register as an Individual Walker or create a Virtual Team, all of whom can also be Virtual Walkers, and still fundraise ONLINE! We will send you your official event t-shirt as a thank you for your support once you have raised $100!
THANK YOU to OUR 2017 SPONSORS!
START/FINISH LINE SPONSOR
Please Send Offline Donations with Team Information to:
NAMI Connecticut, Attn: Walk Manager
576 Farmington Avenue, Hartford, CT 06105
Phone: 882-0236; 800-215-3021(toll free); FAX 860-882-0236